Pregnancy Update: Week 13

3/23/2015 


Pregnancy update: 13 weeks along 

My morning sickness remains. I have figured out, though, that if I never let my stomach get empty, I feel better. So I eat little bits more often and it helps. Yeah!

I really liked the above quote, especially during these weeks of morning sickness. I know how easily it would be to wish away these weeks... but instead I choose to cherish them. Being pregnant is a privilege - one I've been denied in the past. Because of that, my perspective is different and I cherish each day, week and month that I am able to house a miracle inside my body! 

I still feel more tired than normal. I am often awake for an hour or two in the middle of the night. One night this week there was a three-hour stretch, where I got up and did dishes, ate a snack and read a book for an hour. 

Next week is my second routine OB appointment. Hopefully we'll be able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. 

We've come up with the in-utero name Inkling for this little one. We love you tons already, Inkling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment