Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks

9/21/2015 


Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks Along

Recently I was talking with my older kids about changes that take place during pregnancy. One symptom for me is a sensitive nose. Smells like dirty diapers or ripe fruit can quickly turn my stomach. 

This week I went shoe shopping for myself. I realized that 9-months pregnant is NOT the best time to buy shoes. My feet are swollen and at least half a size bigger than usual. 

I also had an eye exam this week. The eye doctor took a retinal scan of my eye and then showed me on the computer what he saw. He told me that he could tell I was pregnant from looking at my eyes! My blood vessels are dilated, so he knew that I was in the late stages of pregnancy from what he saw on that scan of my eye. 

Fascinating! So from head to toe, from my eyes to my swollen feet, I am one very pregnant woman! :-) 

I always say that God knew what He was doing when He made pregnancy to last 9 months for us ladies. 9 months is enough time to get everything ready, to feel prepared. And yet 9 months is long enough that every pregnant mama feels ready at the end to be done with being pregnant, ready for the next phase with baby on the outside. His timing is perfect and right. 

Baby Inkling, we're ready for you! 
We know you'll come in your own time. 
We love you! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment